Pro Arts exhibition featuring MFA Alumni (2013) Dru Anderson.

We’re proud to announce that MFA Alumni (2013) is included in the Pro Arts exhibition, Inspire Artists Who Inspire You.

Selections by Peer Review
Exhibition Dates: January 21 – February 21, 2014
Artists’ Reception: Friday, February 7, 6-8pm

Oakland, CA: Pro Arts is pleased to present Inspire Artists Who Inspire You, an exhibition reflecting Pro Arts’ roots as an artist-centered organization. Based on a peer review process, Inspire Artists Who Inspire You explores how artists support, sustain and participate in the launch of each other’s work. The program also allows insight into review processes, while encouraging artists to think critically about their own work within the scope of Bay Area art.

“I’m excited by the emergent themes in the show,” says Amy Spencer, Program Coordinator / Curator. “There is a strong respect for innovative material use and high craft. Also, it was nice to see the artists express empathy for each other’s daily lives – studio practice, quiet moments at home – and a subtle appreciation for the oddball, unique and absurd.”

Over 110 artists participated in the peer review; viewing each other’s work via Pro Arts custom built online ‘blind’ jury system.

“I found it rewarding to see what other artists were creating. I found myself using the criteria of excellence, relevance, and innovation to my own work as compared to what I saw online, and felt that expanded my horizons.”

“I felt like I was taking part in an important process, not just competing against other artists for a spot in the show.”

Featured artists: Dru Anderson, Ned Axthelm, Jamie Banes, Gabriele Bungardt, Andreina Davila, Jan Dove, David Fought, Bernadette Jiyong Frank, Jenne Giles, Ant Hall, Emanuela Iuliana Harris-Sintamarian, Jeremiah Jenkins, Michael Koehle, Goran Konjevod, Elaine Nehm, Fernando Reyes, Stephanie Robison, Dimitra Skandali, Patricia Sonnino, Tali Weinberg

Inspire Artists Who Inspire You is on view January 21 – February 21, 2014.
An Artists’ Reception will be held on First Friday, February 7, 6-8pm.

Exhibition and reception are free to the public